*

Monday, September 20, 2010

Date Night

I don't know about you,
but around here,
its hard to get some
 Mommy Alone time.
It is also very hard to get some
Mommy and Daddy Alone
time!

Yesterday my hubby and I had a social afternoon for his BNI group to go to.
Thankfully my awesome sister was willing to babysit.
What was even more awesome was that she was
willing to watch them not only for the afternoon of the social,
but also for the evening!
This meant hubby and I could enjoy an actual
DATE NIGHT!!!
Wahoo!
I'm not exactly sure when the last time we had the opportunity to do that was.
They are far too few and far between.
We had a lovely time at the social, and enjoyed a really nice
chat with another couple.
We actually found out during the course of conversation
that her and I share the same birth month and year.
She is only 13 days older than I am.
It was fun to meet and put faces to some of the people
hubby talks about.

The best part though was getting to go and have dinner
together
ALONE
no noisy kids, no needing to cut anybody's meal,
no making sure Isaac wasn't hoovering his food,
no 'eat your dinner please'
no mess.
Just us!
Funny thing is we picked a place to eat that was
REALLY noisy.
But the food was great.
I also had my first 'drink' in
probably more than 4 years.
I just don't drink...for no other reason than
most of it I just don't like the taste of, so why waste the money.
However,
I do like nice fruity, frothy stuff.
Yup, totally girlie drinks.
I definitely enjoyed my
Strawberry Daiquiri.
Then we were off to a movie.
There really wasn't much playing at the theatre we went to
that we wanted to see.
We decided on The Expendables.
Who wouldn't love a cast like that?
Sylvester Stallone,
Jason (yummy) Statham,
Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren,
Mickey Rourke,
Eric Roberts, Steve Austin
Terry Crews,
Cameos by
Bruce Willis and
Arnold Schwartzeneggar
Is it violent?  Yup!
Was it funny? Yup!
Did we enjoy it?  Yup!
It was nice to sit in that theatre,
have my hubby holding my hand,
not have to think about, or listen for the kids.
Even just for a few hours it is a welcomed break!

So, I have to say a HUGE thankyou to my big sister.
Love you LOADS and LOADS.

To my Hubby,
I love you more and more each day.
Thankyou for a really great day.
All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you came by! Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment:)