Monday, November 22, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

I decided after my last post that I didn't want to blog anymore if I couldn't blog in a more positive way.  Who wants to read such depressing stuff all the time?
So, I took a break.

Today I am back, and hopefully with a better heart attitude.

Mondays are for Mommy's Musing and I am going to use this post to tell you about the wonderful weekend I just had.

Originally hubby was supposed to be off all weekend, but after being off sick for more than a week at the beginning of the month, it was just not going to happen.  Friday was his scheduled day off, so we still got that. 

The day started off pretty much the same way it usually does with the boys up and me nagging at them every couple of minutes to get dressed.  Eventually they arrived at the table for breakfast.  Daddy got up (which usually doesn't happen on the only day he has to sleep in) and enjoyed breakfast with his boys as I got lunches made and backpacks ready for school.

By 8:20am the boys are on the bus and I am back in the house to get myself some breakie.  Gord is back to bed, and Isaac and I are hangin' out enjoying our morning.  Naptime comes for Isaac and after getting some emails sent and checking out facebook I decided that I would take the opportunity to nap too.

Naptime was great.  We napped much later than I normally leave Isaac (he usually has an afternoon one too). We decided that since we had to be at the school to pick up the boys at 3:30 (instead of waiting for the bus to drop them off), we would let Isaac nap as long as possible and only give him one.

Everybody up and lunch done.  Then showers, and the boys bags packed for the weekend.  We hadn't told them they were going to be away for the weekend and I wasn't sure how that was going to be received when we picked them up.  We picked them up and when everyone was buckled into the car we let them in on the weekend plans.  There were some teary eyes when they heard that they were going by themselves, and we were told that we'd be missed SO much!  (Thanks for the tear at my heartstrings, but you are still going!)

We arrived at Auntie Dawn's and I braced myself for the pending tears, wails and neverending hugs.  In we walked, down into the family room we go.  Low and behold, there is a new tv at Auntie Dawn's and its a HUGE one!  Problem solved.  Had to tear them away just to get kisses, hugs and goodbyes.  Isaac was a little unhappy, but our nephew took him and we were out the door. 

Back in the truck I took a deep breath and slowly let it out.  I was going to be kid free for the next 43 and 1/2 hours.  BRING IT ON!!

 If you know my husband, you always know where you can find him on a friday night.  With season's tickets, he is there to support his Kitchener Rangers whenever possible.  I on the other hand go only a couple of times a season.  It isn't that I don't like to go, actually I enjoy it when I do get to go, but I get so nervous and tense for them during the game I just couldn't do it every week.  Thankfully I am not a hockey mom!  My admiration goes out to two of my sister-in-laws who are both hockey moms.  Better you than me :)

So, being that it was friday, the game was pretty much a no brainer.  We enjoyed a nice dinner out, then on to the game.  It was a great game!  Kitchener beat the Kingston Frontenacs 4-3.  I even caught a glimpse of Doug Gilmour (yes, I do know who that is).  As usual I was so nervous for them, but had a great time.

We ate a little more after the game, then headed on home for some uninterrupted adult entertainment.  Those of you with children, I am sure you understand the always having an ear out for the kids bedroom door opening, even in the midst of sex!!  Not an issue this weekend!  Hallelujah!  Enough said *Blush*

Saturday morning Gord was off to work, and I got to SLEEP IN!!!!!! Oh sweet sleep, I have missed you!!  Even so, I was still up by 10.  Played around on my computer for a bit, finished up some laundry, and had a list a mile long of stuff to do.  Instead I sat and listened to the ticking of the clock on the kitchen wall, the hum of my dryer, and the wurr of my computer.  AHHHHHHH, peace.  No yelling, no thumping, no Mommy, Mommy, MOMMY.  Just peaceful house noises.

It was while enjoying those house noises that I decided that I was not going to do my mile long to do list, but rather go out and enjoy doing some errands and christmas shopping ON MY OWN!!!!  And the blessings keep coming!  LOL

We had planned to check out a movie Saturday night and knowing how Gord's days usually go at the dealership, I knew we would be going out in London.  We had arranged for him to be picked up in the morning so that we could come home together in the evening instead of having two cars.

I puttered around the whole afternoon.  Enjoyed driving his truck.  Even got pretty good at parking it.  I was totally impressed with myself when I backed into a parking spot perfectly in a horribly busy lot at the Western Fair Grounds.  GO ME!

The dealership closes at 5pm on a saturday.  It was 5:30pm when I arrived (knowing how it usually works).  It was after 7 when we finally got out of there.  The nice thing was we were kid free, so it didn't matter how late we were going to be, so a late show was no big deal. 

Our movie picks were RED, Unstoppable, and something else that totally illudes me at this moment.  Gord went in to purchase our tickets in advance.  He came out grinning like a school boy.  At this particular Ciniplex in London they have a couple of VIP theatres.  You pay extra, but for a treat, it was worth it.  More on that later.

Now to grab dinner at Shoeless Joe's.  I had brought Gord a change of clothes (which of course he didn't want while we were at the dealership but now that we were out), so before we went into the restaurant he changed.  Yup, right there in the parking lot.  Have you ever tried to get someone's cowboy boots off while you are both sitting in a truck?  We got them though, and Gord only got a couple looks while standing in his boxers outside.

Dinner was nice.  Relaxing too since we didn't have to be back at the theatre until 10pm.  Our first choice of movie was RED, but that was sold out in VIP, so we went to see Unstoppable.  It is based on a true story.  Not a relaxing movie.  It was really good but I was a nervous wreck.  LOL, two nights in a row.  But so much fun!  The VIP theatre has comfy recliner chairs set in pairs, so you are not right on top of anybody.  It is licensed, so you can drink if you want.  They have a special menu....not just popcorn and candy.  Cheese sticks, potato skins, cupcakes...a full two page menu.  Plus, you are served!  LMAO!! An actual waiter/ess comes and takes your order and then brings it to you.  You do have to be there 20 mins before your show if you want that service though.  But, for a treat it was fun.

More adult entertainment....enough said.
(I will tell you that for the first time in a VERY LONG TIME, clothes were strewn all the way down the hallway)

Sunday we opted to sleep in instead of going to church.  It was so nice just to be able to snuggle up close to my hubby and know that I wasn't going to be beckoned any minute. 

We picked the boys up at noon and of course when we arrived they didn't want to leave. 
A truly awesome weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So glad you came by! Please let me know you were here by leaving a comment:)